Monday, August 20, 2007

Mexican skillet

This is an easy recipe that I have been doing a lot of lately. I got the idea from an ole el paso meal I picked up from the frozen food section at the grocery store. I realized that I could easily make it on my own for much cheaper!

1. Brown 2-3 chicken breasts diced up in olive oil, and sprinkle a little taco seasoning on it too give it a little flavor.
2. Add one can of diced tomatoes. (16 oz)
3. Add one can of black beans (rinsed).
4. Add a cup of frozen corn.
5. While I am cooking this I usually make some instant rice, and add it at the end.
6. Mix it all together and serve with tortillas, or crumbled tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.

I love this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Enjoy

No comments:

Favorite Books

  • Believing God by Beth Moore
  • Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie O'Martin
  • Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  • Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury