Monday, November 24, 2008

stress

I am not a very stressed out person but I am feeling rather "stressed" today. Let me list some reasons why I feel stressed:

First, we worked all weekend to tile our bathroom. Now, although we have all the tile laid, and half of the bathroom grouted (enough to get the toilet back in), we can't get the new toilet in. YIKES! When you work so hard on something for SO long you just hope that it will all come together in the end, right?
Second, since late this morning my left ear has felt plugged, and just lately it has started to ring. Not a huge deal except that those of you who know me real well....I don't hear well to begin with, so the ringing thing....it's not a good thing.
Third, I have been off for the last 3 weeks, and I think it is finally hitting me that I have to go back to school next Monday. YIKES again! I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere near the things I had planned to do, I don't want to go back to school and leave my kids home again....which leads me to....
Fourth, my inlaws watch my kids and they have decided to go to Florida next week to see my brother-in-law's soccer game. I am SOOO proud of my brother-in-law for making it this far...it is a hug accomplishment, but it just adds stress in my life to think of childcare issues for next week. YIKES!
So....that is my stress!
Sometimes I think that I need to just vent, sit back, look at it, realize it is not that bad, and thank God for all the blessings I do have in my life. Thank you God! Please help me to not be so caught up in my "stress" to not pay attention to your gentle tugs you are giving me.

No comments:

Favorite Books

  • Believing God by Beth Moore
  • Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie O'Martin
  • Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  • Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury