Monday, March 19, 2007

My first post

Yes, I have finally figured out this blog thing and joined the world of bloggers. I am VERY excited about this and hope it goes well. I started this blog because I enjoyed reading other people's blogs and realized...it may be nice to have my own one, so I can share a little about me. So her it goes....I'll be telling a little about my days and how it is to be a mom and and wife and so many other things.
Today...I woke up with great intentions of going to the gym. Packed the kids up and headed out. We decided to stop at the church where they were holding a consignment sale over the weekend. (I went on Saturday and bought a shirt that I realized I did not pay for because the tage was still on it, and they take the tag off when you pay). I wanted to be sure to pay for the shirt I purchased. So I stopped by. I happened to see a friend there volunteering, and so I offered to stay and help organize as long as my kids weren't going to be in the way. Well, my kids were great! And I was able to help for a couple hours. It felt great to volunteer my time, but to top it off, the lady who ran it decided to pay me a little something for helping out.
Talk about awesome! The kids and I and my friend and her son went to McDonald's for helping someone else out for a couple hours.
What a great day that started out without much planned. God is good!

1 comment:

Jane said...

welcome to the blogging world... I am an old pro... of about 11 days now! Do you still attend NS? We have been there since October and I love it!

Favorite Books

  • Believing God by Beth Moore
  • Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie O'Martin
  • Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  • Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury