Thursday, March 22, 2007

Staying Home

One thing I love about staying home is the time that I get to spend with other moms, and then the time my kids get to spend with other kids. Other moms are inspirational to me. I observe and watch how they interact with their kids and notice how I also want to interact with mine. When you stay home after being in the career field like I was for 5 years, it can be really hard in the beginning to feel fufilled. Like what you are doing is actually making a difference. Well...I had my aha! moment just other day. On Sunday at Newspring, one of the moms up on stage spoke about how our children pick up on what we do and then they do it as well, whether it is positive or negative. Well, thankfully, Josiah picked up on a positive thing I do and imitated it a few days ago. He and Jordan were coloring and I was making dinner. I overheard him say to her, "Good job Jordan, I am so proud of you, give me a high five." You see, I say that to him all the time. Now I know that my words of encouragement really do sink in and mean something. It truly was an "aha! I am doing the right thing as a mom" moment and what I am doing is making a difference.

No comments:

Favorite Books

  • Believing God by Beth Moore
  • Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie O'Martin
  • Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  • Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury